United Way Honors Community Lifesavers
United Way of Tulare County celebrated Lifesavers in the Community at the annual Recognition Breakfast on Aug. 31.
More than 350 people attended. Success stories from Nicole representing CASA and Adam from Visalia Rescue Mission attest to the work of United Way and how we all can live united. Although there are many outstanding individuals in Tulare County doing great work, the following were recognized:
- Advocate of the Year: Pete Vander Poel III
- Youth Advocate of the Year: Hope Reid
- Community Spirit Award: M.J. Eastes
- Community Investment Award: Quality Jewelers
- Spirit of Education: ABC 30
Thank you to Ruiz Foods, which was the presenting sponsor.