Back to School 2018
Got the first-day jitters? Not to worry. With school starting soon, it’s not too early to start planning what to wear. And if you want to be dressed cool for school, here is a quick list of five top fashion trends for kids of all ages.
- Do deluxe denim. Of course, jeans rule for school. Considered a “uniform” for the back-to-school crowd, denim always is a best buy for the new season. This fall, update young kids’ wardrobes with stretch denim joggers. Older kids will love the new distressed looks in vintage washes with frayed hems. If you want to blast out of the blues, then get into some colorful neon jeans. Overalls are another trendy denim item. And, of course, the denim jacket is always a classic piece that will layer over everything.
- Embrace embellishment. It may be what’s on your clothes that really makes them cool this fall. From elaborate embroidery to personalized patches to sparkling sequins, the more “graphic” the better. Whether it’s a novelty T-shirt, bomber jacket, new pair of jeans or even a backpack, adding a little something extra is extra special this year.
- Go mad for plaid. Plaids have led the BTS fashion parade for years. But this time around, it’s all about mixing the varsity classic with other prints … yes, all in the same outfit. Think plaid with animal prints, plaid with camouflage, plaid with stripes, plaid with florals, plaids with checks. Gingham is still a big hit, too. The key: Keep prints all in the same color family and create different looks by layering with colorful solids.
- Get cozy with knits. What kids (or adults, for that matter) don’t like the current “ath-leisure” craze? There are lots of ways to dress for school in sports-inspired clothes that make high grades in style and comfort. From the ever-popular leggings (stripes down the side make them new this year) to zip-front hoodies (lined with Sherpa fleece) to long-sleeved graphic tees (rainbow stripes are trending) to sweatshirts and sweatpants (a little oversized), these are comfy ways to look cool for school.
- Rock the schoolhouse. Mixing up all the fashion favorites mentioned is one of the newest ways to give a back-to-school wardrobe individual flair. Wear metallic sneakers with your uniform. Dress up a denim miniskirt with a ruffled, off-the-shoulder peasant top. Wear camo leggings with a pink satin bomber jacket. Rock faux leather pants. Add glow-in-the-dark star patches to your backpack. Just think outside the basic subjects and create your own unique vibe. After all, that’s what school is all about … studying the world around you. Just don’t forget to explore what you wear too!